Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A family update...

Jackson's Allergies: Many have asked what the final word was on Jackson's allergies, as I have not made it back to the blog often to update you. Jackson is allergic to all dairy, tree nuts, and things high in citric acid. He also reacts to rice bran extract and wheat germ, but not processed wheat. And he does not react to soy. The results on egg are still inconclusive, and need to be tried again. That's the skinny on food related allergies, but he does have some environmental allergies as well. He is reacting to detergents and dryer sheets with perfumes and dyes. We are able to elimintate all of these things at home, by using Tide Free and refraining from dryer sheets entirely, but in the world it's hard to avoid. He is continuing to break out at school, even given we are providing all wash cloths, bibs and blankets. Conclusion: it must be from rubbing on teachers' and friends' clothes.

Potty Training: Jackson is pretty consistent at going number two on the toilet and not in his diaper. If he doesn't go right away in the morning, we pay attention to the clues and he's usually pretty good about telling us he needs to go. As for going pee, on the other hand, he's taking it and leaving it. Some times he makes it a couple hours being dry, and other days, our timing must be completely off.

The Singer in the Family: And lately it isn't Ron. Jackson is singing up a storm. His lyrics are a bit modified, but he is always in tune. He's running around the house belting out Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle, Twinkle, Jingle Bells, We wish you a Merry Christmas, 5 Little Monkeys, The Alligator and The Monkey Song (which he is teaching me), This Old Man, ABC's, Bob the Builder, Elmo's Song and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.

Sara's World: Two more days and I will hopefully be done with my last final, if not, the class will end without me. :) But really, I have a couple of things left to do for the final and I will have made it through my first term at St. Scholastica. Classes will start up again for me January 5. In my other spare time, I'm working on Jackson's scrapbook and making birthday invitations, I enjoy working with paper. I am hating winter more than ever and trying to propose a move south... Ron has budged another .5 centimeter... so I may get him to make the plunge sometime in 2028!

Ron's Task's: Ron has been hard at work on a toy box in the shape of a van for Jackson's Christmas gift. My basement has been turned into a work shop with saw dust being tracked up daily... but the toy box will be worth it in the end. He's also keeping active playing on his co-ed volleyball team on Thursday nights... it seems to me though, that they aren't going to take the championship.

1 comment:

Ed Leier said...

You are all very busy but are all making progress. Jackson sure is growing and changing everytime I see him he has learned something new. I see no benifit in you moving south not for 10 years anyway then I will be retired and then I can visit