Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Round 2...

On Jackson's second birthday we shared with family that we were expecting baby number two. Everyone was thrilled, as you can imagine. I was still in my first trimester and having a rough go of it. I was actually quite surprised that people weren't on to our news, as I had spent every evening on the couch from week five until week eleven. I was so tired that when Ron would put Jackson to bed, he would come back out to the living room to find me asleep on the couch. Some nights I had laptop in my lap, trying as hard as I could to get my homework done, but I didn't win the fight against the sleepies. I had morning, noon and night sickness so bad that I had forgotten what it felt like to feel good.

Then suddenly during week twelve I felt as though I was human again and happy to share my news with the rest of the world. I often wonder how the logistics of having two children will work out and how I will manage to continue school and work with the extra body needing my attention. At the same time I am thrilled to have the challenge and can't wait to meet the little one!

We had our sixteen week ultrasound this morning and everything is looking just fine. The baby was all curled up and comfortable this time around (during the last couple of ultrasounds the baby was moving all about)! Heartbeat was measured at 162 beats per minute and our tech told us that she was leaning toward one gender a little more than the other. We'll save that surprise for the next new baby post, when we know a little more from the 18 or 20 week ultrasound.

1 comment:

Lisa Michelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS Sara and Ron! That is exciting news! You will do just fine juggling all of the challenges you will face.

Lisa