Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Family Update

Jackson: I'm able to do a hand stand up a wall, I surprised mom today with my new trick.  I'm still in Spanish class at school and preparing for a Spring Program for the parents in May.  My vocabulary is continually expanding, using large words in proper context is impressing the 'rents.  I've been working hard to remember to do my chores so I can early my allowance.  I earn 50 cents a day if I remember to set the table and vacuum under the table after meals, empty garbage cans around the house and on Wednesdays bring in the trash barrels. 

Addie: I am starting to play well with others and understand more about what it means to play "together".  I still love helping around the house and am more than willing to wipe up my own spills and start the dishwasher and washing machine for mom.  The nice weather has been a great deal, I would much rather be outside riding my big wheel and swinging than doing just about anything.  My feet don't touch the pedals yet on the big wheel, but I don't mind scooting myself along. I'm a snuggle kid lately and am often found giving hugs and kisses to those I love, it's a bit new for me to be so snuggley but I think everyone is really digging it.

Ron: My work schedule has made it hard to do much of anything lately.  I'm never quite sure day-to-day what is going to be on the agenda so I've had to be flexible.  I put windows in last year's wood-working project, the shed.  It was always the plan to add windows but time ran out last year.  I've also still been up to making cremation remains boxes for those requesting. I've recently dealt with some health issues that kept me down for a couple of weeks.... kidney stones are no joke.

Sara: I am still found in the kitchen once a week baking my little heart out and loving the new project.  I've also picked up another new hobby: running.  I tried running before Jackson was born but I didn't make it very far.  Last summer I ran a bit but mostly did a run/walk kind of thing.  This time around I'm getting serious, I'm training for a 5K that Ron and I will be doing together on our anniversary.  Most likely we won't actually be doing it "together" since he runs almost a three minute faster mile than me but it will still be fun.  I've got a little over one week left to train.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ed Leier said...

You will do great in your run, I am proud of you