Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Family Update

Jackson:  I have been pretty addicted to watching the Avatar cartoons and playing Tiny Monsters on mom's iPad (I remember to feed and check on my animals when I wake up and before I go to bed).  I am getting better at helping out around the house lately and even put away all my clean clothes this week.  Now that it's getting nice outside I'm spending a lot riding around in my Lightning McQuenn car and even taking Addie for a spin.  I've also been digging worms with my sister and only once now did I chase her around the yard threatening to put the worm in her hair! Karate is still going well and I'm one of the best listeners in the class.

Addie: A bit of a cough has been keeping me down lately.  I sound a bit like a seal at night and have been waking myself up from coughing anywhere between 4:00 and 6:00 am.  This is when I climb into mom's bed to hang out with her.  Though on Sunday I went down on the couch with dad only to have Jackson wake mom up throwing up.  No one seems to ever get a full night's sleep around our house.  I am back in tumbling, Grandma Jan takes me on Fridays and I'm still enjoying our frequent trips to the library for story hour and gym time.  I love being outside and playing at parks, I'm very independent and like trying out new slides.  I've been telling stories a lot.  They go something like this:

Addie: I have something to tell you.
Other person:  What's that Addie??
Addie: Dogs poop outside; they also pee outside too.

Ron: Softball season has started up again so I am taking swings with the bat on Tuesdays.  Work has still be incredibly busy so I spend a fair amount of time in the office or taking phone calls.  I'm excited about the new cement slab that we will be pouring to house our new SeaRay boat.  I've also been getting out in the garage a little bit working on boxes and Sara and I worked together on a new raised bed garden.  I've been spreading dirting and using my wood-working skills.

Sara:  I've been running more and more and am pretty comfortable running a 5K.  I will run another race on Memorial Day around Como Lake. After that I hope to train a little more for a 10K... we'll see what my body can do. Ron thinks I have a bit of an obsession, but I guess it's better than any other addiction I could be starting up.  I'm also still baking up a storm in the kitchen and have no plans of quitting anytime soon, I may actually stick this out the whole year.

No comments: