Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, January 7, 2013

Cleaning up the Clutter

I've been doing a lot of work arond the house to clean up the clutter!

I started with our kid's kitchen cabinet.  Now that the kids are getting older they don't need sippy cups or plastic dishes.  I kept a few things around for on-the-go drinks but mainly emptied an entire cabinet in our kitchen!  Thank goodness or I wouldn't have had room for the new popcorn popping, Stir Crazy or the Dutch Oven that I got for Christmas!

Next up was our medicine bin, getting rid of expired meds and condensing the meds from their boxes into baggies. Then, I moved on to my make-up bags and got rid of old make-up that I don't use.

I also organized our CD collection.  After stacks of CDs don't make it into their homes, I had to spend some time finding homes!  We are missing a few that I hope will turn up someday.  We'll be moving over to all digital files, but it's a process that's been started, but it's a long process. 

On Saturday I headed into Addie's room for a sweep of her drawers.  Believe it or not, she still had 2T clothes lurking around.  She's wearing mostly 3T now, but fitting into a lot of 4 and 5 as well.  I filled up a bin of clothes that will be donated.

And on Sunday, it was Jackson's.  Jackson's room was actually in pretty good shape!  His clothes are still fitting but we did take out DVD's from his room that he's no longer interested in.  He said goodbye to Thomas the Tank Engine and Diego.  (Sniff, my baby is growing up.  He's much more into Transformers, Star Wars and Power Rangers now.)

On Sunday, Ron got into the scene and organized his magazines for the shop into magazine caddys.  It looks pretty nice and I'll be glad not to have the stacks around the house!

So, the house is still a zoo with toys EVERYWHERE and I never got to cleaning the kitchen floor but behind the closet doors and inside drawers, we are making progress!

No comments: