Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Random Thoughts...

  • Addie is still a great eater. She had her first bites of green beans and loved them.

  • "Let's snuggle," are my two favorite words to hear when I wake Jackson up in the morning. It's no wonder I'm always late for work. Wouldn't you be?

  • Speaking of work: Today is my boss' last day. I'm SOO sad. She was really a joy to work for and made my job enjoyable. Booo!

  • I've been working on a painting project in the kids bathroom recently that involves drawing lines on the walls and then taping where I will paint. Last night Jackson took a pencil to the wall. I reacted poorly and when he said "but you are doing it mom and I was just trying to help," I felt horrible. I have to keep reminding myself what it's like to be in his shoes.

  • We are still sleeping half of the night with Addie in bed with us. I feed her at 8:30 and put her to bed around 9:30 in her crib. If we are lucky, she doesn't fuss again until around 2:30 or 3:00. It's after this feeding, that I can't take the time to put her back in her crib so I feed her in bed and there she sleeps in between her mom and dad.

  • My plate is probably too full these days and my mood is showing it. I'm always behind on something; laundry, housework, homework, or MPR work. I don't ever seem to be caught up... and if I am it's just a moment before I'm behind again.

  • I wish I could scrapbook more. I have really found that what makes me happy is being creative. This painting project is filling that role for now, but I really need to be doing something creative at all times and it's hard to fit that in. I have so many projects stored in my head right now and so little time to work on any of them.

  • For my writing class, I need to write a story in 55 words or less. The story needs to have characters, a plot, a setting and a resolution. Try it, it's kind of fun. I'll share mine here when I'm done with it.
  • 2 comments:

    Tinker said...

    you could make Jackson the story. His little lifes new adjustments and what his little brain is thinking.

    Ed Leier said...

    Sara sometimes we can be our own worse judge on what and how we are doing. I think that is nature’s way to keep us motivated and striving to be better and do more.
    I can just see Jackson’s reaction when you talked to him about writing on the wall. We all make mistakes and the measure of a person is how we recover from them. Jackson needs to know he cannot write on the walls and your writing on the wall was for a reason. As long as you explain that fact during either the first encounter or the next day it will work. You saying you are sorry with an explanation only shows him how we all can make mistakes. Sit down and talk to him hug him say you’re sorry, he is a very smart little man he will understand.
    I think you’re an amazing person don’t get down on your self, set priorities realize that some things aren’t the way you want them but fine the ability to accept that they not, but as time passes and things change they will be.