Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Cruise

Holy Moly -- This is probably the longest this blog has ever gone without a post.  I'll tell you why.

On March 4 we left for a Caribbean cruise and before I could go I needed to complete all of my semester's school work a week early.  So the week before we left I was working long hours, working all my evening hours to get school work done and working to get me and the kids packed for a week away.

We did not take the kids on the cruise but they needed to be packed for adventures with Grandmas, Grandpas and Cousins. We took the cruise with some of our friends, Libby, Cory, Holly and Pete.  Our adventure started out in Miami, FL where we stayed at the LaQuinta - Airport and by Airport they mean Airport.  The planes took off over the hotel pool and by take-off I mean so close you could see the pores on noses of people INSIDE the airplane! 

We (minus Ron, he spent the day sick in the hotel room) spent the day out at the pool, pausing our conversation everytime a plane went overhead.  I think the airport allows planes to take off every five minutes... so you can imagine how the conversations went!  Sometimes we would shout over the plane engine noise but it was more fruitful to just pause and wait.  In the evening we took the shuttle to the airport to find the J bus that took us 30 minutes to South Beach!  Where the saying of the evening was "we are in miami, bitches".  Well there weren't a lot of bitches in Miami the week we were there was actually a Gay Pride Celebration of sorts... and the city was flooded with a lot of hot, shirtless gay boys!  We ate dinner in South Beach and roamed the streets before Ron's cold got the best of him and we took a cab back to the hotel so the others could stay out and enjoy the city a bit more.

On Sunday morning we took a shuttle to the Port of Miami to board the Carnival Valor for a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. We swam with stingrays in Grand Cayman, layed on a beautiful beach and snorkeled in Isla Roatan, Honduras, tubed through caves in Belize and bar-hoped in Cozumel. I'll share more of our vacation in coming days. But for now I will leave you with a few pictures from the vacation.







3 comments:

Tinker said...

oh my, you need a blond in that group! hehe

Tinker said...

oh my, you need a blond in that group! hehe

Pam Leier said...

Beautiful people...