Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sick

We have not been healthy much in our household this year.  We can't wait for spring to be in full swing to open the windows and rid our house of the germs that have cause stomach virus, coughs, sniffles and other not so fun symptoms.  Last weekend it was Addie's turn.  She woke up at 3am and couldn't be consoled.  After many snuggles she finally fell asleep with me on the couch.  Where Ron found us in the morning and took this picture.  (Looks like I'm a cover-hog even with my poor kids)

We woke up and got our day started, Addie did pretty well eating her breakfast pancakes.  Ron and I were buzzing around the house trying to get a few things done.  I came down the stairs to Addie standing at the bottom of the stairs and in true Parenthood fashion when I asked Addie what was wrong... she puked!  Ack!

Jackson played the role of excellent big brother and opened the garage door, and in his best "outside voice," tried to get his dad to hear him over the sounds of his table saw.  "Dad you have to come inside, RIGHT NOW!"  Then I asked him to get us a towel from the cupboard... and this is where I thought it was going to get even worse.  As Jackson walked by Addie and I to get up the stairs to get the towel, he started gagging. 

"Oh, please no... please don't throw up kid"

But he didn't and he made it to the cupboard to get us a towel when Dad walked in to the commotion.  We cleaned up, Dad and Addie read a book and for the most part Addie seemed to get better as the day wore on.

No comments: