Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Grandma

I miss my grandma every day, I think of her often and wish that she could be here to share in the lives of my children.  I wish that my grandma could pick up my kids and take them all over the state hunting down the best chicken noodle soup.  I miss my grandma like crazy but I have so many good memories to keep her alive.  I have things in my home that when I look at them I smile.  Sometimes Jackson takes Grandma's blanket to bed with him and it warms my heart.  It makes me feel like my grandma is getting the opportunity to give my boy a hug.  When I sleep with my sick little girl on the couch grandma wraps us in her arms and helps her to heal.  My kids have two grandmas, two wonderful grandmas and I know how lucky they are because they are going to have double what I had... and I had it good!

I took some photos of things around my home that remind me of my grandma.  I am lucky to also be the keeper of her button collection and hang her hand-made Christmas ornaments on my tree.


Grandma's pasta bowl... though I don't really remember it with pasta.

The books I read as a child at my grandparent's.

Grandma's blanket.

2 comments:

Ed Leier said...

You had a special Grandma Letourneau.She may be physicaly gone but she is here in the strongest ways in your heart and mind. Tell her stories to your childern, Lick your finger stick it in your fist and say it your lucky day when you see a bail of hay. But be on the look out for bridges as those were always scary for her. Then look at addies eye's they remind me of her.

Pam Leier said...

It is nice to hear that you miss your Grandma...because I do too...she was my Mother and no one will love you like your Mom.

There are so many days when things are good and I want to share my joy with her and there are so many days when things are bad that I want to feel her hug as I cry.

I know she is still with me because there are times in my life I hear her words. They remind me to be grateful for the things I have been blessed with...two wonderful grandbabies come to mind as the richest of my blessings.

I can only hope my Grandbabies with feel the love I have for them as much as you felt the love of your Grandmother.