Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Willow River State Park

Our first camping adventure of the summer happened rather spontaneously.  On Friday my mom called me at work to tell me they were off to go camping.  I asked her if she would help me if I brought the kids and she agreed.  So I got home from work and packed up the car.  When Ron got off work we caravaned to Willow River State Park in Wisconsin.  Ron joined us for dinner and a walk to the beautiful waterfall but then he had to go home so he could get up early for work the next day.

The kids and I stayed and joined everyone for smores and a bonfire. When it was time for bed, they had gotten so much fresh air that the task was easy The next morning, my mom and I took the kids for a good long hike.  Jackson spotted some wild turkeys and we also met up with deer along the path.  This was the first easy camping trip since before kids!  And I was the only one with woodtick friends that came along for the ride home!






Check out the look on Jackson's face.  What a goofball.

No comments: