Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's a long way down

We took the bed rail like this one from Jackson's bed and put it on Addie's. We had just spent two nights in a Duluth hotel where Jackson slept fine in a double bed and decided he wouldn't be needing it anymore.

As we tucked Addie in her big girl bed, Ron and I remembered that the first night Jackson was in his big boy bed, Ron slept on the floor next to him. We decided that wouldn't be necessary, gave Addie her hugs and kisses and turned out the lights. A bit later we tucked Jackson in and check on Addie. She was sound asleep in her beautiful bed, covered in pink blankets and surrounded by her "baby dolls".

I went downstairs to the office to work on homework and Ron was in the next room taking a shower. It was then that I heard a thud but really didn't think anything of it because it sounded like it came from the next room and not directly above me. I figured Ron had bumped the shower wall with his elbow or something and continued working on accounting figures. Ron came running out of the bathroom wonder what that was.

Uh oh. So upstairs I ran and opened Addie's door. Huh?? She was still snuggled in peacefully sleeping. So off to Jackson's room I go and there he is asleep.... on his floor!

I picked him up and snuggled him back in to the far side of his bed up against the wall.

In the morning Ron asked him how he slept and if he fell out of bed. His response: "Nope!" Thankfully, the second, third and fourth nights have gone without an incident.

No comments: