Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, August 20, 2012

100 Things

I was challenged a while back to write a 100 things post. With the inability to sleep I decided to take on the challenge.
1. I was born in St. Paul, MN.
2. I still remember my first home phone number 488-7507
3. I don't have any siblings.
4. I grew up loving spaghetti o's
5. As a kid I spent a lot of time at the beach with my mom, aunt mell and cousins Josh and Dame.
6. My favorite cereal as a kid was SW Graham... they should still make it.
7. I love The Judds
8. And have an unusual facination with Dolly Parton
9. I went to Roseville Area High School
10. I attended one year at University of Wisconsin - River Falls
11. I love Fall
12. I still enjoy parades
13. Macy's Thanksgiving Day is my favorite
14. My heritage is mostly German with some French, Russian and Indian mixed in, for good measure.
15. I'd rather read a good book than watch tv
16. I met my husband at Maplewood Community Center
17. I spent the month of January as a nanny in Paris when I was 18.
18. I've also been to Amsterdam
19. The most beautiful place is Isla Roatan ... i can't wait to go back.
18. I wish I could sing.
19. I sing anyway.
20. I sang Dolly Parton songs to my son the first year of his life.
21. I still have a thing for Axel Rose.
22. The best concert I have seen so far is Coldplay.
23. I used to watch episodes of I love Lucy as a teenager.
24. My favorite movie is On Golden Pond.
25. I am excited to read Harry Potter aloud with my kids.
26. I have two kids
27. My kids are my world.
28. My son has the most beautiful eyelashes.
29. I love to watch my daughter dance.
30. I enjoy scrapbooking.
31. I wish I were more fashionable.
32. I wear almost all black and gray but I'm trying hard to add color.
33. I don't like yard work.
34. I'm a pretty good cook.
35. I like to be creative.
36. I wish I could stay at home with kids.
37. I would love to live on a small hobby farm
38. and have chickens!
39. and a goat. And I would make cheese from our goat's milk.
40. I have taught myself to bake.
41. I enjoy challenging myself.
42. I try to set attainable goals for myself.
43. I am always working on a goal.
44. I like my job.
45. I am not a night person or a morning person.
46. I enjoy drinking coffee at night.
47. I miss my grandma and grandpa letourneau
48. I enjoy road trips.
49. I like going down memory lane, to cheese shops and ice cream parlors that I went to as a kid.
50. I want my kids to experience the world.
51. I like take spontaneous trips.
52. I once went to St. Petersburg on 12 hours notice.
53. and New York on 2 weeks notice.
54. I have a sewing machine but I don't know how to sew.
55. I talk to my mom almost every day on the phone.
56. I don't like shopping
57. But I do like having new things.
58. I could lose myself in a book store.
59. I used to be embarassed by my hairy arms, now I'm not even sure they are hairy.
60. I like garage sales and thrift stores.
61. I did not learn this from my mom.
62. I love snuggles from my kids.
63. I think i like scary movies until I watch them.
64. I'm afraid of horses.
65. I don't like wearing shoes. I would be barefoot all the time if I could.
66. I love my son's jokes.
67. I'm not good at doing my daughter's hair.
68. I like the concept of camping but I'm not all that fond of it when I'm doing it.
69. I don't do well with change.
70. I'm not good at saying no.
71. I often have too much on my plate and it's always my own fault.
72. Being a good mom is my number 1 priority.
73. I'm not social.
74. I HATE talking on the phone.
75. I'm great in small groups.
76. My husband is more social than me.
77. When I watched Annie as a kid I would sob.
78. I still tear up.
79. I can't give up Pepsi
80. I got married in Puerto Vallarta Mexico
81. I love Duluth.
82. I want to move to Austin Texas.
83. I don't like being cold.
84. I love the smell of baking bread and coffee.
85. And gardenias
86. I love eating BLTs with my own tomatoes.
87. I order BLTs a lot
88. I love french toast for breakfast
89. I really want to go to London.
90. I can't wait to take the kids to Disney World.
91. I can't read in the car.
92. My favorite place to shop is Michaels.
93. I like the quiet.
94. My fingernails grow fast.
95. So does my hair.
96. Gray hairs keep popping up on my head.
97. I remember the day I learned to ride a bike.
98. My mom makes the best goulash.
99. I was a good softball player growing up.
100. I love being a mom.

1 comment:

Pam Leier said...

Your thoughts brought happy and sad tears to my eyes.

101. You are an amazing person!