Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Having a six year old.



So far in being a parent, every year I have declared “this is my favorite age.” For the most part I was not lying, they were my favorite of the moment.  But I’m going to guess that age six will forever be my favorite year. 

This year, Jackson learned to ride his bike, started reading books – chapter books… ones with big words and a commitment of days to finish, learned to tell time, earnestly started doing chores and has his first loose tooth.  The year has been marked with many milestones that I have been able to stand aside as a proud parent and watch. 

I have been waiting since I read Harry Potter, before even a thought of children to have a child of my own to read it to.  I look forward to every evening, snuggling up in bed and sharing the magic of Hogwart’s with Jackson.  He’s intrigued and excited to hear the next chapter and when we are done for the night, he begs for more!  I’m not sure it can get any better than the joy of watching the world through a six year old!  And I have another year like this one ahead of me in just two more years!

No comments: