Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, June 16, 2008

In a nutshell...

There are so many things I want to write about, but when I finally get the time, I forget what they all were. Here's a brief update on what's been happening on the homefront.

Father's Day:
It went something like this: The three of us eat breakfast and get ready for an early morning trip to meet my dad at the Farmer's Market. Ron and Jackson in the driveway, Sara gathering up a few things for the diaper bag. "Ron do you have your key?" Replies "Yes". Door slam. Crap. Not the RIGHT keys!! Ugh. Luckily my dad has an extra to our house and because he is forever early for everything he drove from the Farmer's Market to our house to bail us out of yet another jam. On to the Farmer's Market and breakfast with the rest of my dad's family.

The remainder of our special day was spent watching the Great River Energy Bike Race in Stillwater and having dinner at The Dari-ette (which has been featured on Diner, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network).

Father's Gift:
For Father's Day Jackson and I got Ron a copy of The Dangerous Book for Boys, a book every parent should own. This copy is a used copy, so it follows along with my pledge to The Compact, however it looks brand spankin' new. The book covers topics like How to Tie a Square Knot, How to Build a Tree House, Morris Code, Famous Battles and much more. The gift was a success, so run out and get your copy now for next father's day!

The Compact:
It's possible we have a quitter in the family! (Hint: It's not me) I'll let you know what happens, maybe this post will help him back on the wagon.

Potty Training:
Jackson is doing great getting on the potty. He typically goes poop and pee every morning while he plays with his hand held magna doodle. He's interested in using the big potty and some times he points to it when I ask if he wants to use the potty. Yesterday I put him on the big toilet and he peed! We may need to think about getting a converter for the big potty instead of using the small one on the floor. He is so proud of himself, and of course we are too.

Have a good week!

1 comment:

Tinker said...

I agree with the converter for the big potty. Hard to hold themselves up and hold it down. hehe Things are happening so fast now. Little milestones.