Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Strawberry fields forever...

Likes and dislikes from the week:

Jackson's Likes...
airplanes, chicken nuggets, helping to put away groceries, puppies at the humane society, going bye-bye, petting farm video, Dr. Jeff the chiropractor, bikes and more airplanes.

Jackson's Dislikes...
staying inside, avacado, his molars making their way through, skin on potatoes and dogs barking.

Strawberry Fields Forever
Sunday morning saw our little family heading to the Afton Apple Orchard for a morning of back-breaking strawberry picking. Jackson started out strong, but his slight fever and new molars breaking through his poor little gums, got the best of him and he decided just to walk along holding our little flag marker. He was happy to see horses, cows, boats and airplanes on the ride and was able to enjoy the freshly picked strawberries with his lunch when we got home.

A Belated Mother's Day
I finally received my Mother's Day gift that I've been waiting for. Ron finished building the chalkboard that goes perfectly in our kitchen on our way out the door for love notes (hint, hint) and Target lists.

I did get a Twin's Cuddyer t-shirt on Mother's Day, so I wasn't without a gift, it's just that I had asked for the chalkboard in my attempt to organize and keep my brain on top of things. It seems ever since Jackson came into my world, I can't even remember what day of the week it is.

Garage sale find of the week:
These cute little fire truck slippers that Jackson has been wearing all weekend, he just loves them. I also found a Thomas the Tank train track set, but we've cleaned and packed it up for a cold day this winter that keeps us indoors.

3 comments:

Ed Leier said...

I think about you guy's everyday and it is nice to read this blog.I am very very proud of Sara and Ron you are great parents and just great people. There is a huge place in my heart for all of you and there is not enough time to say all that I think about Jackson. But he is the apple of my eye

Tinker said...

Man I am jealous! I wish we had Malak on the weekends when we could do fun stuff like you guys! It is memories that you can look back on later and smile.

Pam Leier said...

Strawberries...even the word is fun. Jackson is a lucky boy to have such wonderful parents. I love the creative things that you do as a family. I feel so lucky to be able to share in your adventures. Thank you Sara for your amazing and creative Blog.
Love,
Mom