Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

To wear shoes, or not to wear shoes...

Wearing shoes inside of my house would mean that I would be bringing unwanted germs into my house, not to mention, the unwanted dirt and sand. However, not wearing shoes is going to quickly result in a serious injury. Just this morning, I kicked a hard plastic sippy cup that someone so carelessly left in the middle of the kitchen floor during a hectic morning of racing around. It was only moments after this unsuspecting stub of the big toe that a headband found its way in the bend of my foot... ouch! That headband wasn't there when I left the bathroom, but Jackson just loves playing in the bathroom drawer that we have designated as the "safe" drawer. I'm sure there will be many more of these times, a matchbox car, a Lego or some other small toy, and eventually my feet will get tougher and withstand most of the incidents. Someday I will wish that I still had sippy cups dropped on my kitchen floor, so for now, I will cringe with pain and keep on with my routine.

3 comments:

Ed Leier said...

it is great to have a little boy running around singing and playing. As with all good things there are a few down sides. But with patience and looking at the big picture one can see's the silver lining. Rushing to judgement tends for people to over look the good things and only focus on the bad which leads to poor decissions. Learn to live laugh and love and searh for the silver linings and the bad things will go away.

Pam Leier said...

The stuff on the floor will go away with time...but enjoy the time prior to that day. Before you know it there will be no little hands left at home to dirty up the house. Someday you will be excited to see the fingerprints of your Grandchildren..it is funny how life changes.
Love,
Mom

Tinker said...

Get a pair of inside shoes. Malak knows not to wear shoes in the house and catches everyone who breaks the rules. He knows that Grandma has her pair of inside shoes and that is ok but don't let him catch you with outside shoes on......