Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Corn on the cob...

On Monday after Jackson's doctor appointment the three of us stopped at a fruit and veggie stand to get some treats and something to go along with dinner. I picked up a half dozen ears of corn, pluots and some beautiful looking cherries. When we got home the three of us sat on the back steps to peel the corn together. Ron tried to teach Jackson to grab a hold of the husk and pull, and pull with all his might, he did. When I had finished one ear of corn I gave it to Jackson to pick off the strings, when all of a sudden we heard a "CRUNCH". We look over to find Jackson taking his first bite of corn right off the ear!! We both laughed hysterically... I'm not sure where he even learned how corn on the cob was eaten, it was our first of the season.

So we cooked up the corn and instead of cutting it off the cob for Jackson, we gave it to him, ear and all. Here is how he did:

3 comments:

Ed Leier said...

wimpy wimpy !! none in his hair,nose and ears!!

Pam Leier said...

How fun!!! I remember when Sara was about Jackson's age and I put my first tomato in the windowsill to finish ripening...only to find it with a bite taken out of it. I guess she didn't like it enough to eat the whole thing.

Tinker said...

Malak did the same thing when he was little. I was surprised. He wanted it cold then for a while. Yuck!