Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another week of the same...

After 8 days of Jackson being clear from his zero allergen diet, I was super excited to give soy a try this evening. I stopped on my way home for some dairy free margarine that still contained soy, so that I could make Rice Krispie treats for the boy, a reward I thought was well earned after 8 days of an extremely bland diet. But when I picked him up from childcare, he was all broken out. He had gotten a hold of a chunck of an apple cinnamon nutrigrain bar off the floor. I have to admit, I was quite bummed. Now we are back to square one, another week of the very limited diet before we can try soy. If he had gotten a hold of something with just one of the allergens we would have a better idea of what he is allergic to, but nutrigrain bars contain wheat, soy and dairy, so we still do not know the culprit.

2 comments:

Tinker said...

Hopefully he doesn't notice the blandness of his diet but I bet you do. You can't eat stuff he can't have in front of him at this age he would not understand. Poor sweetie!

Ed Leier said...

I am sorry it was a step backward. It will work out for the both of you I think you suffer more than the boy as you are trying so hard. You're a good Mom and Jack doesn't understand it all yet and the issues just rolls off his back and he moves on. You on the other hand worry about it because you want to know what causes this and you want jack to feel better . It will work out and I am so proud of you.