Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, February 9, 2009

A weekend of fun...

I haven't been making the blog much of a priority lately, sorry for the lack of photos. Between research papers, homework, real work, taking care of a two-year old, and trying to keep up on housework (of which, I am failing) I'm getting behind on downloading photos. Thankfully, I am not slacking on taking the photos!

This weekend was a busy one, filled with lots of fun. Jackson and I met our friends Cari and Henry at the Java Train which we just love. Jackson plays in the caboose while I sit with Cari and baby Henry sipping my half-caff vanilla latte, it's enjoyable for all. And since we were so close we made a stop in at Lamperts to say hello to the folks there.

On Saturday we headed to Bumpa's for a scrumptious breakfast of pancakes and eggs benedict (I'm getting hungry just thinking about it). Jackson spent the afternoon with Grandma Pam so that I could get a massive paper written on the supply and demand of specialty coffee and the price elasticity of Starbucks coffee... thrilling, don't you think?

While I was busy reading Starbuck's annual report, Ron phoned to tell me he had a bit of a racquetball accident and was off to urgent care. He managed to need four stitches above his left eye, in almost the exact spot of an old injury, and has a black eye to go along with it.

And Sunday, the day I look forward to all week so that we can all be together, we made our way to Underwater Adventures. We loved it so much we decided to buy a membership! We ate at Subway where Jackson enjoyed a chicken breast and his first potato chips. This was also the first time we've tried eating out, since figuring out Jackson's allergies, and it was a success.

Since the temperatures finally made it beyond the freezing mark, we bundled Jackson up in a blanket, buckled him in the wagon, slapped some hot chocolate in his mittens, and went out for a neighborhood walk. It felt so good to get more of that fresh air! It was a bit depressing to have to sludge through the snow in front of the homes that were foreclosed on our block. It's a tough time out there, and I am thankful that we are both employed.

On Sunday afternoon we made a trip to the mall so I could stock up a bit on my wardrobe. We stumbled upon Sears' 75% off toy sale, like we need anymore toys in our house. But we got an Elmo farm and a bowling set all for $11, can't beat that. I wonder how long it will take before we tire of setting up bowling pins? While at the mall we made our second attempt at a carousel ride. The first one at the state fair, went poorly. He loved it this time around! He waved at everyone and smiled as we went around and around. He didn't want to get off and wanted to get right back on when he did. We'll be riding the carousel from now on at the mall! (The photo is not great as it was taken with Ron's camera phone.)

2 comments:

Ed Leier said...

We should have breakfast eariler on saturday so Ron can come along? tell him to duck next time or play in the c league.

Tinker said...

Poor Ron, he was really taking "keep your eye on the ball" literally. hehe