Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A family update...

The House: There are still a few boxes in every room yet to be unpacked. It's been a slow process with two youngins in the house. Jackson makes a mess that needs to be cleaned up before the next box can be one-handily unpacked because I'm holding Addie in the other. The layout of the new house is so different that it's been difficult to find a home for all of our possessions.

We've ordered window treatments to replace the see-through lace curtains and Grecian drapery. The first thing to go in the new house was the acrylic and brass chandelier that was hideous too formal for our taste.

And the garage: holy-mountain-of-hoarded-crapolla. If there is one thing I learned in this move... my husband is a hoarder. Screws, pulleys, thing-a-ma-bobs, scrap wood, light bulbs galore. Oh and I can't forget to mention the VHS tapes. Who holds on to a massive collection of VHS tapes? He actually wanted me to categorize them as I put them into the cupboard, he thinks I did, but I didn't. And he won't ever know, because he won't ever watch them.

Addie: The little monkey is really starting to interact; making noises and faces, smiling and even starting to giggle. We get nervous when Jackson entertains her as he can be pretty rough, but she LOVES it. He snuggles her and gives her toys and she keeps her eyes on him and laughs all the while. She is finally starting to stretch out her feedings to 3 - 3.5 hours, giving me a small break from nursing. So far the nursing has gone well and we have not had to substitute with any formula.

Jackson: He's really so much fun to be around. On Saturday I dropped Addie off at Grandma Jan and Grandpa Joel's so I could take the boy to the swim-in movie at the community center. We had so much fun together and he was so independent, going into the water to play with his buddy Mason while I watched from outside of the pool for a bit. He knew not to go in too far and had a blast splashing around in the water.

Childcare: Since going back to work Ron's mom, Jan has been doing our childcare for us at the house. It's been going so well, she enjoys being with them and Jackson is excited about her coming every morning. We go off to work knowing they are in great hands and I never worry about how well my kids are being cared for. And the best part: she comes to our house. So on days like today when it's 3 degrees, we don't have to bundle up the kids and take them out in the cold!

2 comments:

Tinker said...

WHAT? You got rid of that beautiful Chandelier? Did you put it on ebay? Bet you could get a fortune for that thing. hehe

Pam Leier said...

Life is so busy for all of you, but it will go faster than you can imagine.

I too am comforted to know that my grandchildren are in good hands every day. Thank you Jan for taking care of our loved ones.