Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, December 21, 2009

Random updates...

  • Jackson is regressing greatly in his potty training expedition. I don't know what has happened, but apparently we have made far too many changes in his world and it's showing. Friday was one super long day of accidents and by the end of it I was clearly ready for a long winter's nap. However Sunday, he showed some improvements and we are back to using the rewards system. By far his favorite thing these days is the television so naturally that is the key to the rewards system. Which means I can't use the easy way out and put him in front of the television to keep him entertained while I clean, wrap, cook or whatever the case may be.

  • Addie is getting a bit better in her sleep habits and waking at 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. I'm not sure why I don't feel like I am getting more rest. I'm wondering when the need for toothpicks will subside.

  • The girl likes her rice cereal. We tried it for the first time on Sunday after getting the okay from her pediatrician to start her on solids a little early. She is a big girl and clearly ready for more than just breast milk. (Pictures to come soon.)

  • Classes start up again on January 2 for me and I can't even begin to understand how I'm going to fit it all in. I'm signed up for Feminist Literature and Management Communication.

  • The Bug claims he had a dream last night: "I went into a big dark cave and when I came out... I was at McDonald's" I have no idea where it came from. We had fast food ALL THE TIME when we were in the process of packing and showing our house, but since moving to the new place we have had KFC once and Subway once that I can recall. And before today he always insisted on calling it "Old McDonalds" or "The French Fry Store."

  • Joel is back in the hospital again, his kidneys were failing on him. Ron went to help get him off of the floor and he had some kind of seizure so an ambulance was called. We'll have to see what the next course of action is and it's unknown if he'll be home for the holidays.
  • No comments: