Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goals for 2010

Personal:
Less soda intake. I would like to decrease to drinking one can of soda each day and increase my water intake.

Put more into friendships. I've been spending the last three years growing my family and not putting a lot into my friendships. I hope to put more time and energy into maintaining my friendships.

Pack a lunch. I don't need to eat out to eat with friends. I need to pack my lunch and still get up from my desk to eat it.

Household:
Create less food-waste. I want to encourage our family to eat leftovers or to make new meals with leftover ingredients.

Buy in bulk. I'd like to make my Target visits last longer. Why only buy one box of diapers when I know we will go through many, many more? I am needing to go to Target once a week, my goal is to spread that out a little more. Buy a few packages of wipe refills, not just one!

Parenting:
Broaden Jackson's diet. I'd like to introduce a new food every other week and get him to eat a more grown up diet. I've been staying safe and feeding him kid-friendly food which I'm afraid will turn him off to adventurous foods.

Encourage Jackson to help with chores. Currently, to get chores done I send Jackson to hang with Dad or watch a show. I'd like to be better about getting him involved even if it does take longer to do the chore.

Get Addie signing. We did really well working with Jackson to use sign language and it made life easier. I want to do this same thing with Addie.

1 comment:

Ed Leier said...

Your shopping sounds like triple H. Household Hording Horwath. Ron does the same thing with his stuff. Get a lot and save it never know when it will come in handy. Ha ha