Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, November 1, 2010

A tummy bug finds Jackson

On Saturday evening at Spooky Splash (Ron's event at the community center) Jackson suddenly started complaining that he didn't feel good. I was to bring kids to Grandma Jan's after the event and on the way there he fell asleep, after driving all of a block. I figured he must be just really tired. I dropped kids off and ran home to get ready for Dame and Tasha's wedding reception. My dad drove me there, dropped me off and I no more than got a drink and Ron called to tell me that Jackson was throwing up. I called my dad to have him turn around and pick me right back up. I headed for home to comfort my poor sick boy. Grandma was a wonderful nurse, but this was his first time throwing up and I just needed to be by his side. We cuddled up in mom and dad's bed and settled in for a long night of throwing up. He was feeling somewhat better by morning, but as of this evening, he hasn't eaten anything since Saturday morning. These pictures were taken after a bath to clean him all up... he didn't make it to the toilet or the bucket every time.






1 comment:

Pam Leier said...

The worse thing for a Mommy is when her baby is sick. You would do anything to take it away and be sick yourself. It brings tears to my eyes remembering the times when my own baby was sick. But, what I didn't know was that as a Grandmother you would have the same sad feeling for your Grandbabies.