Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Star on Top

Jackson was very helpful in putting up the tree this year, he was my little assistant. If you'll remember last year I was having to defend myself more than I was getting the tree up. We have a fake Christmas tree -- though I do dream of trudging through the snow to chop down our own perfect tree -- but for now we have a fake plastic tree that was handed down and it seems senseless to cut down a perfectly good tree to only toss it curbside come January. I digress, perfect fake tree is now in the living room. Jackson helped to set it up and helped to hang ornaments though we often had to discourage him from hanging ornament after ornament on the SAME branch. Addie even helped a bit this year and took a few ornaments from the box and stashed them in the tree!








And after tree-trimming came gingerbread house making! I thought a bought a kit to make large gingerbreads but I wasn't paying much attention as I was trying to rush through after getting a call to go to urgent care to help with Addie's chest xray (both Ron and Addie have been sick). Instead I bought five mini-gingerbreads. These gingerbread houses are far too tedious for me and considerably so for Jackson and I am proud that we were able to finish one!




No comments: