Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Donuts

I have finally taken some time to download photos from my camera. I find that I don't know what to blog about unless I have a picture to trigger a thought.

This memory is brought to you by: donuts.

One of my favorite memories of life before kids is (not of staying out drinking until all hours, sleeping until 10am or happy hours spent on patios) of my husband getting up before me on Sunday mornings, getting the paper, donuts and coffee. (I'm lying, those memories that I mention in parenthesis are indeed actually my favorites, but this is a nice one too.) Ron used to bring home donuts and on one specific occasion I remember sitting on the front steps eating them while reading the paper. (This memory was actually after a wild party in which guests were waking up and leaving our house while we were eating donuts).

Now we eat donuts with our kids. It's a different kind of fun, but equally as fun, nonetheless.


2 comments:

Pam Leier said...

Funny thing about donuts is they do trigger memories and they are always pleasant ones. I remember waking up to Dixie Cream donuts the my Dad would bring home for us. Oh how I loved those glazed donut and oh how I miss my Dad.

Pam Leier said...

Donuts remind me of my Dad and Dixie Cream...it is a good memory.