Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Friday, January 16, 2009

Dairy Free...

I have found that the Cub Foods in the next suburb over carries lots of organic and specialty products, which has made life a bit easier. Just before Jackson's birthday I found a cake mix by CherryBrook Kitchens that was allergen free. So I was able to make our little guy a chocolate cake that he could enjoy. I think he enjoyed helping me to make it and lick the spatula more so than eating the cake, but it sure made me happy.

We are glad that we found out about Jackson's allergies and can control the breakouts. He does really well with the diet and is a fan of most foods, so it hasn't been hard to give him a well-balanced diet. I wish that we could find some options at restaurants, but you just don't know what stuff is cooked with, and butter is a pretty common ingredient. On the brighter side, we've saved a lot of cash, by always eating at home.

2 comments:

Ed Leier said...

Let’s hope he grows out of some of his allergies. You look like you are having more fun than Jackson. It is a great picture I can hear you laughing in my mind just looking at you in the picture.

Tinker said...

Who doesn't like to lick the spatula?