Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Time for a change...



On January 20, Inauguration Day, I spent the morning in the UBS Forum at Minnesota Public Radio watching the event unfold on the big screen along with my coworkers. It was an exciting and emotional day for me, one that I will remember as long as I live. I am thrilled to know that my children will not know a world in which a minority as president would be unheard of. I believe that Barack Obama means wonderful things for this great country and hope that we can keep him safe. It is exciting to have a new hope for the future and feel proud that my vote helped to get us here.

We watched the Inauguration festivities at home in the evening with Jackson. When asked who our president is, Jackson responds: "Barack Obama".

1 comment:

Ed Leier said...

Things do change and what once were major hurdles seem to be so insignificant. In 1960 the inaugurations major hurdle and a big news event was JFK was the first catholic president ever elected. The Catholics felt that they were now accepted. Thinking about it now seems so silly that was even an issue. Time does change ones out look and there will always be challenges for us to over come. I am glad Jackson has parents that are aware of what is happening in the world and that with their support Jackson will be able to address those challenges that he will face with an open mind