Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby Addie Updated...

Last week I had a doctor appt. where my fundal measurement was at 31, small for where I should have been at 36 weeks. So, on Tuesday I had an ultrasound. Baby Addie is growing just fine, her heartrate was 150 bpm, she was 6lbs 2ounces in the 42% for a baby her age. Today's fundal measurement: 35.

This week's appt. came back with a postivie Group B strep test. The transmission of Group B strep can be prevented, but it does mean that I need to ideally start antiobiotics four hours before she is born. How we will time this, I don't know!

The test results also provided an insight to why I am so incredibly tired these last weeks, why I've been having headaches and trouble breathing. I was just chalking it all up to the pregnancy, but in fact I am anemic, hemoglobin level 9. So I'll be starting some iron supplements to try to combat that.

I am also 2 centimeters dialated and 80% effaced, but that doesn't really give any clues to when labor will start... it just means I am progressing. I have also not gained any weight in the last two weeks, I told the doctor it's because there is no room for food!

2 comments:

Pam Leier said...

Thanks for writing this all down. You are so smart and on top of everything. Jackson & Addie will always be taken care of with a Mommie like you.

Jesse & Katie said...

Thanks for the update - been thinking about you!!