Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Kitchen...

Our kitchen is finally painted. The living room and the foyer was easy, I had colors picked out in my brain before we even moved in. I went to Hirshfields and found my Shaker Beige and Birds Egg and the painting began. The kitchen was a different story:

I wanted a a green that would go well with the blue and beige that we painted on the main floor.




After seven paint samples on the wall that mostly required individual stops at the paint store we finally found the one. Last Friday the painting project started. It wasn't long before we knew we had to tackle the grease problem atop the cabinets. I started with some Goo Gone and a rag. It worked but at that rate it was going to take me HOURS upon HOURS to clean. So I called in Ron's brain. He brilliantly came up with the idea of using a long blade putty knife. And it worked... we scraped up 1/8 inch thick GREASE off the tops of our cabinets. It was horridly disgusting.

Then we were able to tape and paint and came up with this: I wish that I would have taken a before an after shot.

2 comments:

Pam Leier said...

I can't wait to see it.

Tinker said...

That sound way gross! That looks great!!