Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, June 14, 2010

Random Thoughts...

  • Addie is 10 months old. It seems that this time with a baby around is going much faster than when Jackson was a baby.

  • Addie can crawl! She's been crawling two "steps" and then belly flopping and getting frustrated. Last night Addie crawled five or so "steps" multiple times! Where oh where do the babygates need to be?

  • A busy weekend in the kitchen again: Apple Salad with Yogurt Dressing, Candied Pecans, Spaghetti and Meatballs and Chocolate Marble Bread with Ganache.

  • I can't stop yawning. Jackson spoiled us with his sleeping habits, Addie is a different story. She is up multiple times a night, she did well for a while but now in the last few weeks, she's up all the time! We weaned her off of night feedings months ago, so she isn't waking in the hopes of getting fed. She wakes, doesn't know how to get herself back to sleep and cries. I suppose some would say that we should let her cry it out (CIO). If we do this though, she'll just wake up Jackson and we'll have two kids awake. I'm not sure CIO is the method I want to try. But I'm tired. Last night's schedule:

    8:30 I fed her and rocked her
    9:00 I put her down asleep
    9:15 She cried, I put her nuk in her mouth
    9:45 She cried, I rocked her back to sleep
    10:45 She cried, Ron put her nuk back in her mouth
    1:30 She cried, I put her nuk back in her mouth
    1:45 She cried, I bounced her in her crib and she went back to sleep
    5:00 - 6:00 Ron was up with her three times
    6:30 She cried, I brought her to our bed and fed her
  • 3 comments:

    Tinker said...

    I have 4 baby gates and that is just for a dog. hehe

    Joanna said...

    Could she be teething? That might be waking her up....have you tried those teething tablets? They seem to take the edge off sometimes.

    You have my sympathy - it took Max 9 months to sleep through the night..so I am completely rigid about his schedule now, I never want to go back to not sleeping.

    Anonymous said...

    I cannot believe she's crawling!! I am sad I missed it, i tried so hard when i was there to get her to crawl. lol. Well, if you need help anytime let me know. I'd love to see them again.