Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 Goals

Most years I come up with a few projects and goals around the start of the New Year. 2011 was the year of the degree. My goal was to complete my degree which meant that there wouldn’t be much time for anything else in 2011. I am so glad that’s done! In 2010, I decided to open my family up to more food options. Now we regularly eat brussel sprouts, parsnips, spinach, lima beans, whole wheat pasta, edamame among others.
Now that school is completed and Jackson and Addie are able to do more for themselves I have big aspirations for 2012.

Our 2012 Goals:

Sara’s personal growth goals

This year I plan to bake a cake a week. I have never loved baking and think of myself as more of a cook. This year I’d like to increase my knowledge in the kitchen and teach myself to be a good baker. I have stared a blog: 52 Cakes to chronicle the adventures of this particular goal.

I would also like to take better care of myself this year. Last year I didn’t make time for exercise, doctor appointments, haircuts or the like. This year I would like to start caring more about how I present myself to the outside world, knowing that it will help me to feel better too.

Goals for Jackson

Jackson loves to listen to stories read and rushes out of the house to not miss group story time at school. If I arrive to pick him up at school during story time he asks me to stay until the book is done. He can sound out three letter words but when it comes to sitting down with a book, he’d much rather have me read it than spend anytime trying to learn to read it himself. This year I would like to make a point to have him help me read every book we open.

I would like for Jackson to help more around the house. Right now he brings in the trash barrels after they’ve been emptied once a week. He will do things when I ask him to but I would like him to feel responsible for some chores around the house.


Goals for Addie

We’d like Addie to follow Jackson’s footsteps in his Spanish learning. I would like to incorporate more Spanish in our house for Addie to catch on. I hope to teach her the colors first.

Potty Training!!! We’ve been working at it for the last couple of months, but Addie is slow to catch on. She has some good days and some bad. This first half of the year I plan to work very hard to move into underpants fulltime.

Goals for our house

I’ve had this goal before and was not very successful in the past, so I will work at it once again. I’d like our family to produce less food waste. This will mean a lot of meal planning and sticking to the plan. I will keep less in the fridge so that things can’t make it to the back and get lost. This will also mean that I will have to shop more often.

I hope to make 2012 another very successful year! What are your goals for 2012?  Share them with me!

1 comment:

Ed Leier said...

Well you are wiser in the past you even picked goals for Ron.It is good to have goals or a plan on objectives I hope the first goal that went un posted is to have fun