Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Family Update

Jackson: I am living in a Star Wars room, it's so cool! My dad built a loft bed so that I sleep just under the ceiling and mom and dad painted and redecorated my room in full Star Wars get-up: giant wall decals, posters, and sheets.  I am trying to help more and more around the house and mom and dad have been talking about giving me an allowance.  I'd need to work to earn money.  I have been spending January learning a lot about freedom and civil rights, reading books about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Abraham Lincoln.  I'm five now and I'm trying to learn big words, I know words like predator and predictable.  I don't like writing much and I think coloring is boring but I do like connect the dots and playing Guess Who.

Addie:  I am often found running around in Dora underpants.  I'm working very hard at using the toilet for my potty but occasionally I have accidents on rugs, the floor, couches and chairs. I love helping mom and dad around the house and am happy to put toys away during clean up time.  I have a few strange eating habits, I don't really care for bread so I eat sandwiches and burgers deconstructed.  I still take a long nap in the afternoon and wake up still quite cranky from this nap and it takes me a bit to get adjusted again.  I am still hanging out with Grandma Jan while mom and dad are at work and Jackson goes to school during the week.  We have a lot of fun meeting up with friends at the library and going out for lunch.

Ron: I'm in between wood-working projects now that Jackson's bed is done but with the winter being such a warm one, I'll be back out in the garage soon working on something new.  I've been singing It's Tricky for 80hd about once a month and having a great time up on stage, the kids now know all of the lyrics to the song and happily sing along when I'm practicing at home.  I've taken on many new responsibilities at work and have been working a lot of extra hours to keep things on track.  I'm on vacation from sports but taking in the occasional racquetball game!

Sara: I've been having a lot of fun hanging out with my family more now that I'm done with school.  I've spent some time in my craft room and a lot more time in the kitchen, baking cakes and making meals.  I've taken back up my old hobby of reading fiction in my free time and love that I'm not strapped with heavy textbooks anymore.  I've started doing a little more photography and did a first photo shoot for a band performance which was a lot of fun. I'm working at my goals for 2012 and hoping for a fun year ahead.

No comments: