Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, November 19, 2007

Snow flies...

Winter isn't even officially here yet and I've already got the blahs. The work it takes to get the boy bundled up, and then myself, and get out the door just doesn't seem worth it. I'm going to have to change that attitude, and quick! Jackson and I spent the entire weekend indoors with the exception of a brief outing on Friday to visit my mom for lunch and a quick run to the corner market (also known as MurderMart) for the Sunday paper.




Jackson after our visit to Grandma's work.


Jackson didn't seem to mind being bundled up in his snowsuit though. He needs something to cover his tender nose and mouth though. He looked like the poor dear in A Christmas Story... Ralphie wait for me!! I'll get the picture up here when I have time to download it from the camera. We plunked him down in the stroller and away we went. Ron and Jackson chased me through the leaves and the cold weather didn't seem to bother any of us, it's just getting out that's the problem. It's like hearing the alarm going off on a cold winter morning, and while you've been awake in bed for 20 minutes at least, the thought of escaping the warmth of the covers for the cold hardwood floors is none too welcoming.



Jackson all bundled up.


Here is to more cold floors in my future, unless I can talk Ron into moving us all to a warmer climate.

3 comments:

Pam Leier said...

You need to all get out of the house no matter how cold it is. I remember how hard is was to go out in the cold with a little one...but they don't mind the cold as much as you do.

Ed Leier said...

Sara when you went out in the winter you wouldn’t have your coat zipped up or wear your hat or cloves. We would tell you to keep them on but you didn’t. What is up with the warm covers analogy? You don’t even let Jackson sleep with blankets. I also see the tree vote is getting closer so all of the people who voted no to the tree can help pay for the counseling Jack will need for the loss of his childhood. Due to the actions of adults that are voting for no tree. They must have forgotten what it meant to them when they were young. We all make choices when we are adults and he can make his but let him enjoy Christmas with a tree. Next thing you will convince me that there is no Santa.

Sara said...

The point of not having a tree is not to avoid Christmas, but rather, to create a safe environment for our little guy. I don't want my adorable little man chewing on cords for lights or getting an ornament or hook in his poor little mouth. He'll have plenty of years celebrating under a Christmas tree, this first would be better spent safely.