Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, March 3, 2008

First visit to the ER...

On Thursday afternoon I got a call from Jackson's school, "Jackson has a 100 degree temp and needs to go home." So I packed up, left work unfinished, and went to pick up my sick little bug. Jackson seemed to be fine, a little whiny, but mostly just had a fever. I soothed him and gave him tylenol, he took some naps, but still woke up with a fever on Friday morning so into the doctor we go. Dr. Mayrand couldn't find anything wrong, thought maybe a stomach bug. We kept the little guy happy with Tylenol and Motrin Friday and Saturday. On Sunday morning he woke up with a screech, Ron checked his temperature, and it came in at a high 104.2. An early morning call to Dr. Mayrand suggested we take him to Children's Emergency Room. So, we brushed our teeth, and packed up the little guy for a long morning at the ER. Dr. Reid checked him out, the nurses took some blood, and in the end still couldn't find anything wrong with him. Poor Jackson would scream every time a nurse or doctor came near, we calmed him with food and with toys in between, but as soon as another scrub wearing person came in that room, Jackson would start up again. In the end, we ended up back home to keep his fever at bay with meds.

This morning Jackson woke up at 6:45, pushed the button on his music box and was singing away when I came in. As soon as I walked in I knew something was wrong, the smell of poop was too strong to miss. He had an explosive bout of the runny poopies! It was everywhere... from his neck to his toes, through his sheet, blanket, and mattress pad. And the little bug didn't seem to mind. On to another day... he may have had poop, but he didn't have a fever, and I'll take it.

3 comments:

Pam Leier said...

Wow...I hope that he is on the mend and the fever stays away. He really is a sweetie even when he is not feeling well. Take care of the little bug!!!
Love,
Grandma Pam

Ed Leier said...

I hope Jack feels better. I just love spending time with him. I am glad he likes music.

Tinker said...

Oh man was a mess for you but he was happy so just plug the nose and throw him in the tub. hehe Morning bath, that is something new. hehe