Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Monday, March 31, 2008

Like a fish...

We had another good weekend in the Horwath household, but a busy one as usual.

On Friday night I went to a Jewish Temple on Summit Avenue, Mt.Zion, a requirement of the World Religions course I am taking at Century College. It was a wonderful experience and a very great learning opportunity and now this week, I'll be writing a paper about my adventure.

Ron and Jackson stayed behind and spent some time learning to kick a ball around and made a trip to the hardware store. Ron is building an easel for Jackson, one side chalk board, the other a paper roll for endless drawing fun.

Saturday evening we had our friends, Jon and Dianne Sivald over for a pizza dinner. They got to see how much Jackson has grown and learned. And after Jackson went to bed we had some grown up time talking around the dining room table.

Sunday I went scrapbooking with my friends Heather and Darcie... I'm getting addicted to this new hobby of mine. Despite a raging headache, I kept on going before the headache got the best of me and sent me packing. There will be more scrapbooking in my future though, we are doing a girls night in a few weeks at Archiver's, I can't wait.

Ron, Jackson and Ron's Mom, Jan, spent much of Sunday outside enjoying the nice weather and our new driveway. Thanks to my dad, our sinking driveway is now filled with recycled cement, so I will not have to worry about disappearing in quick sand every time I back down the driveway.

And finally, Monday I took a vacation day. Ron and I spent the morning with Jackson swimming at the Maplewood Community Center. And the reason I took the vacation day, one of my very best friends was in town so we went to lunch together and took a trip to Pier 1. It was so nice to see Katie and catch up.

And tonight Ron is at the first Twins game of the season with his friend Brandon. Go Twins!

Here are some pictures from the weekend:


Yes, he managed this all on his own


Ron is teaching Jackson how to use his new tools from the Sivalds


Jackson loves to spend time looking out the front door at the trees and the squirrels


Jackson had a blast at the pool

No comments: