Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Jackson...



Jackson started his day with cinnamon bread from Breadsmith with a candle to blow out in the center. When he blew out the candle he said that he wished for a rocket ship and I'd give this kid the moon if I could. (By the way that's life cereal with a couple of crunch berries in it, I don't allow my kid to eat a bowl of Crunch Berries just yet.)




I can't believe my first baby is already three, where does the time go? Every day I wake up and I'm excited to go in his room and wake him up. I love his soft skin and puffy lips as he lies on his pillow, even on days that it's lying in a puddle of drool. His morning breath as he snuggles me in the morning is my favorite part of the day.

Jackson is growing and learning so fast! He is eager to learn to do things for himself, climbing chairs to reach the dishes, scaling the refrigerator so that he can reach the juice on the top shelf. It scares me to pieces; these visions of my Jackson crashing down, but I'm thrilled to see him exerting his independence.

Happy Birthday young man!

3 comments:

Ed Leier said...

Jackson is an amazing little man. I also watch him grow and my heart just soars when he greets me with Bunpa he seems so excited to see me.

I have a picture of me holding Jackson when he was very little and he is just looking up at me.I use that picture of him everyday to motivate me to be the best person I can be. I always want him to be my friend and to have him keep me in high regard.
I so enjoy watching him seek new challenges and overcoming barriers that I can’t wait for the next one to challenge him.
Jackson today on your birthday I want you to know that I love you and will do my best to help you, be a role model and friend to you always.

Love Bumpa 2010

Pam Leier said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Jackson! I love you Bug.
Grandma Pam

Tinker said...

They do grow fast! He is a daredevil. I watch him jump on his bed and I stand there ready to catch him as he doesn't have a care in the world. Ah to not have to worry about anything but what to play with.