Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ice Skates...

Jackson asked for ice skates from Santa and got them. Today was the day he was able to try them out, he was very excited! Just up the road our little community has a hockey rink, ice rink and warming house. The warming house was not open yet, but the temperature was around 25 degrees, so it wasn't really needed. Addie napped in her carseat on the side of the rink while we all skated. Jackson really did well, we took a small chair with us and he held on to that for balance. After a while he was able to let go, but he didn't go far! Jackson is ready to go again tomorrow.

After many years off skates, Ron and I were almost as wobbley but got the hang of it again. I'm not sure I'm up to going again tomorrow, but we'll see.

My mom was able to stop in at the rink to catch the sight and take some wonderful photos.







2 comments:

Pam Leier said...

What a fun day! It brought back memories of my own childhood. Ice skating makes winter much more fun.

Jesse & Katie said...

I wonder if I could jam my feet into my old skates?? What great times for Jackson, and everyone!