Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

King of corn...

I'm not sure I get it. Wait, scratch that. I totally don't get it. But here is the story: Ron's softball team has this crazy ritual, the player who hits the most "corn balls" has to wear a ridiculous hat. Is "corn ball" a technical term? I highly doubt it, but their definition of a "corn ball" is a pop-up ball. Why not just call it a pop-up, you ask? I don't know, because they are men? And men are weird like that. It's the same reason the back's of their shirts say things like; STINKY, RONNIE HO, BICHTITS and SLAPNUTS.

But I digress: Last year the king of corn wore a king hat. Kevin was the king for most of the season and Jackson was both intrigued by the hat and afraid of Kevin (which I don't get because Kevin is super sweet and friendly with the boy). This year the king of corn wears a sombrero! And guess who was king this week... and who got to wear the sombrero after the game...


King of Corn and Brandon



Prince of Corn

3 comments:

Pam Leier said...

Not sure who looks cuter in the hat...

Ed Leier said...

well in my past when someone poped up the person who was catching the ball was said to catch a can of corn. I would guess the person who hit the ball was serving up a can of corn then.So I understand imagine that!! Now the nick name that they were given is a total differnt story ba who ba !!

Tinker said...

Definately Jackson!!