Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer splash...

I've been too busy lately to download photos or tell you what's been going on so the family got together to tell you what's up.

Jackson: I'm missing the button to turn my listening ears on and it's driving mom, dad and nicole a bit crazy this week. I've lost my big Buzz Lightyear. He sits high on a shelf looking down at me practically begging me to be a good boy so that I can play with him. When mom asks why I'm not listening I tell her that "my body tells me to do something different, but I try to listen." This week I played with Bumpa in seahorse lake, went for a long walk with Grandma Pam, had dinner with Grandma Jan and watched Dragon Tales with Grandpa Joel. I'm having fun picking cucumbers from the garden and am waiting for the tomatoes to turn red so I can pick them too. We planted two plants from seed this year and they have gotten quite large, so it's okay that the dear are eating all of the tomatoes from the front side of the plant.

Addie: I climbed the stairs for the first time! I knew I could tackle them, but I decided to wait until Mom and Dad were around so they could catch me if I fall. Mom is slacking on vacuuming and the cleaning lady hasn't been around so I'm getting lucky finding all sorts of things on the ground to put in my mouth. Mom and Dad catch me most of the time but they don't know that every once in a while I sneak something by them. Mom brought out a new bin of toys this week and I'm having fun exploring and riding on my little car, though Jackson always wants to ride it as soon as I do, go figure!

Ron: I'm catching a nice tan these days spending time out at the beaches. This year I'm in charge of Silver Lake Beach so I am able to stop in and check on my parents as I head back to work. I'm now finished with summer ball, but next week Fall ball starts, eight weeks of double headers! This week we played in the 100 degree hit so I traded in my pants for shorts and of course needed to slide back to third base so my knee had a little quarrel with the sand.

Sara: I'm just trying to find some "me" time in between all the business. I was able to do a scrapbooking weekend with my friend Wendy and some of her friends. It was so nice to get away and I love the work I was able to put in on the kids' scrapbooks. School this term is pretty intense with two online classes. And at the worst time, work has been kicking my tail! I feel like I'm about to throw up most days at the thought of all of the things I will need to fit in in the coming hours. However, I see the light at the end of the tunnel and that's what keeps me going.

And I'll leave you with this fun picture from our backyard fun!

2 comments:

bird lady said...

Hi, Sara it's Chelsie! I love your blog! Speaking of stairs, Stella discovered them two days ago!

Tinker said...

I wish I could have been there with Jackson!! It was a hot one this weekend!