Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, July 1, 2010

We're off to the races...

We spent Sunday at the horse races and like most betting adventures we broke even. Sara bet a trifecta in race number three and won! It was pretty exciting printing out that $50 ticket. Ron wasn't as lucky and neither was Sara's dad. All betting aside; we had a great time watching the horses with one eye and keeping the other one on Jackson. Addie was content to eat puffs and watch the action from her stroller.

Ron forgot his sunscreen at the water park the day before and didn't want to risk getting more sunburn... so he wore this ridiculous hat. However, it sure was easy to pick him out of the crowd.

We won Canterbury's "family of the race". We were up on the jumbo-tron and won a four pack of tickets to a local raceway! I bet it was the hat!



2 comments:

Tinker said...

Those hats can create some great memories, at least it wasn't your hat. hehe

Ed Leier said...

Crap I lost my hair. I lost 8 dollars by the way. By the time I got up to bet I forgot the numbers and had to guess when placing my bet. Well all in all it was all a guess. I had a fun time