Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Friday, February 11, 2011

Staying inside...

This week has been downright frigid with temperatures below zero. We've spent a lot of time indoors staying warm. We had a play date with Allison, Quin and Charley, we dug for dinosaur bones and played barbies.

Allison, Quin and Charley came over for a pizza dinner and the kids got a chance to play. Charley is walking all over the place and Addie was in awe of this little girl who could do all the same tricks. Jackson, Ron and Quin had their own little playdate at the dining room table over a bin full of Legos. Jackson also spent some time loving-up the new cute girl in the house.




This week, I found a Diego Dinosaur Dig kit on clearance for $5. It was a well-spent $5... keeping us all digging for bones for hours. The kit came with a brush and a scraper for digging, safety goggles and a clay block filled with bones that when put together make a tyrannosaurus rex (Jackson's favorite dinosaur). For two nights, mom, dad and Jackson were cover in dust and looked like we'd just been out on a real dig. Jackson is now telling us that he'd like to be a Palentologist when he grows up.


On Thursday when I picked Jackson up from school he was playing with Barbies with his friends and didn't want to leave. I convinced him by telling him that we have Barbies at home. My mom saved a lot of my barbie stuff from when I was little and I had it in a bin in storage. Well after Dinner, Jackson insisted that I take out the Barbies. So we all got on the floor and had a fun evening playing with Barbies. Addie dug it and brushed Barbie's hair a lot (after 25 years in storage she needed a good brushing) and Jackson got a kick out of Barbie's horse.

2 comments:

Pam Leier said...

Barbie dolls...what fun!

Tinker said...

Oh my, I don't remember barbie having a fro! haha