Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Missing a filling...

I went to the dentist today. I hate the dentist, thinking about the dentist gives me the shivers. A few weeks ago while eating some late-night popcorn I felt as though something got caught in my tooth. After a couple of weeks of extra flossing, flicking with my tounge, scraping with my fingernail, I gave up. I had a teeth cleaning appointment coming up and I would just wait until then.

Today was the cleaning appointment. The hygenist took an x-ray, the doctor took a look and it was decided that I was missing a filling. However, I never had a filling, my chart even confirms no filling. Second doctor comes in and agrees, a missing filling. Now I have an appointment to re-fill the "missing" filling. But should I really be paying to replace a filing that never existed? What happens if I leave this go?

And another thought: Why am I so poor at asking questions of doctors? They intimidate me. I make mistakes at my job all the time, I bet they do too, and this is one of those mistakes.

3 comments:

Ed Leier said...

If a filling is missing that you never had. The doctors office you have gone to has no record? Are you who you say you are? They use dental records to id people all the time. What have you done with my daughter?

Pam Leier said...

I think you need to go back to Dr. Patet. His office is in Inver Grove Heights. Check your insurance to see if you are covered there and go back to him. By the way your blog is great and I love the dentist photo.

Tinker said...

I think you should go see Hermie! Get it filled if you can see it in the xray it will need to be filled even if it is not a missing filling and just a pit. That could become a cavity. Be Brave!