Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Friday, January 25, 2008

30 candles on this cake...

Today is my 30th birthday and today is a day like any other. I spent the morning with Jackson at Target. Came home fed him lunch and got him down for a nap, spent some time cleaning and now I here I am checking in on my blog.

I've had a lot of fun these last 30 years, I've seen a lot of amazing things, I've met a lot of fantastic people, I've had many good experiences, and I've managed to make some of the best friends a girl could ever ask for.

And I am getting older every day, or so the mirror tells me every morning. Since when can't I wear red lipstick?? Since it starts leaving my lips for the cracks that surround them, that's when! So I've decided that a lighter shade of lip gloss is more suitable for me. And if anyone notices that my hair is thinner, it's because I've resorted to plucking gray hairs every morning instead of finding the time to use the box color that I bought at Target a few weeks ago to cover them. These are just a few of the things that I've noticed as the thirty mark got closer, the rest I won't share for fear that you will look closely for these flaws or that I will gross out my husband completely.

Last night I picked a few black heads and did a fierce job plucking my eyebrows. When I came back out to the living room I shared this with Ron and told him that I am ugly now, but it's all so I can be prettier tomorrow.

Well my eyebrows look rather nice, and I bought an 30 year old appropriate outfit to wear tonight, and I'm going to do my best to party like I'm still in my 20s. Now let's just see how many days it takes me to recover.

Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

Ed Leier said...

I remember your hair when you had pig tails and you were blond so a little gray won’t hurt. Your Mom had your part just perfect and little bows. I have watched you grow from a young child to a very successful woman. You have a great job, husband, and child and I am proud of how you are managing your life. I still get excited when I know we will spend time together. I close my eyes and I can see your face and hear you laugh you bring me joy. I am blessed for having such a wonderful person as a daughter. Happy birthday I love you very much!

Dad

Tinker said...

I had fun at the party! No words of wisdom from me except, live, laugh and love!