Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Almost made me yak...

On Saturday Ron convinced me to see Cloverfield, after an employee told him how great it was. The movie is supposed to appear to be shot using a hand-held camcorder. The relentless bobbing and twisting of the camera almost made me vomit. I found I could not look at the screen without becoming lightheaded, dizzy, and downright queasy. I made it about 20 minutes in before I had to lean over to Ron and tell him I needed to leave. Ron finished the movie without me, while I cruised up and down the aisles at a nearby Target. Ron says it was the scariest movie he's ever seen and couldn't stop talking about it all the way home. For a full recap of the movie, you'll have to ask Ron... I never even got to see the monster. :(

1 comment:

Tinker said...

I wanted to see that movie but I get motion sickness pretty easy so I might not be able to watch it. Especially on a big screen like a theatre.