Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just plain awful...

That's how I would describe dropping Jackson off at childcare, awful, just plain awful. Ron is taking a class near Bandana Square today and tomorrow. He has to be there at 8 a.m. so it leaves Jackson and I alone in the morning to get the day started. As Ron was leaving this morning Jackson waved and said "bye" clear as a bell, what fun!

I dropped Jackson off a little earlier than his normal time, so I could still get to work before 9:00. His favorite teacher Nicole has started back after a year at St. Ben's University. Though, Jackson doesn't remember that she's his favorite, I'm sure he will soon. The second we walked in the door Jackson clung to me and started crying.

I left Nicole holding my screaming, crying Jackson in her arms, in the hopes that it wouldn't take him too long to get reacquainted and enjoy a day playing at school with his friends.

I thought to myself as I left: If I had to do this everyday, I'd quit my job.

3 comments:

Pam Leier said...

It is hard to leave the ones you love at any age.

Tinker said...

I know what you mean, last year dropping Malak off at kindercare and he cried. When I got outside to my truck I cried all the way to work! I felt horrible all day and told John I am never dropping him off again! Of course he doesn't do that anymore but oh man it ripped my hear out!

Ed Leier said...

You know I was not there but when someone you love is hurting you hurt also. It will be ok everyone goes through that and everyone survives you both will be just fine. I felt a pain in my heart knowing how you felt. But just think of how you felt when you seen him again that was great, and all the wonderful things he does. Now that made me smile just thinking of the two of you laughing