Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another weekend behind us...

We had another busy weekend, but a nice one since Ron was home on Saturday, and I was off on Monday. It was so very nice to be able to spend a good chunk of time together as a family. On Friday night we had Russ, Heather and Grayson over for a little play date. Once we got the boys to sleep, the adults had some time for conversation. Saturday started with a trip to the Minneapolis Farmer's Market for some tasty food purchases, and a trip to a local park for some free-play time.

Saturday afternoon Ron and I helped my Dad put a railing up around his deck, while Jackson slept soundly. After that, it was off to Como Zoo to see the animals. Jackson roared with the lions, and was amazed to see the three giraffes (his favorite animal, as of late).

Sunday, the three of us took a bike ride to meet up with my Dad's family for breakfast. Jackson seemed to have a good time riding in the go-bug, and managed to fall asleep on the way home. Sunday afternoon we spent some time with family at my Mom's, barbecuing up some pork chops, hamburgers, and dogs. We were in the garage chowing down when the tornado sirens started up. It's a whole new ball game when there is precious new cargo in the family. Just 15 miles north of where we were, a two year old boy was killed in the tornado, an awful sad news item to learn about that evening.

Monday morning brought us to another local park, where Jackson had a blast going down the slide all on his own. And after nap we piled in the car, picked up my mom, and headed north to Fawn Doe Rosa. Jackson "baaaa-ed" with the goats and got a kick out the elk.

What a great way to spend the weekend. I just love getting Jackson out in the world to see how he reacts to all the new things.

2 comments:

Pam Leier said...

I love the picture of Jackson sleeping it the bike carrier. It was nice to have everyone over on Sunday even if the weather didn't cooperate with our event. I had fun pushing Jackson & Luke around in the garden cart and is was great to see the boys running around my yard. I truly enjoyed being surrounded by my family.
Love,
Grandma Pam

Tinker said...

It was a blast to see everyone and always the kids! The weather didn't prevent us from enjoying ourselves at all. Playing in the garage is fun too.