Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, August 21, 2008

No more monkeys...

When Jackson is asked what a doctor says, his reply is something like "No more monkeys" while he shakes his finger up and down, it's mighty cute. However today he wanted nothing to do with his doctor or his doctor's nurse! He started to cry the minute we got to the hallway. Poor kid thought he was going to have to get shots again, and no matter how many times we said no shots, the crying never stopped.

We took Jackson in to see the doctor today because he's been having some strange things happening with is fingernails. His nails have been breaking and peeling up in places where they shouldn't, and then the other day I noticed that his toenails on his two big toes were peeling up from the nail bed at the cuticle. Ron and I decided that this was something worth having checked out, so he made an appointment.

The doctor isn't sure what it is exactly, but he has seen it before. It could have been some serious disease of which I can't remember or even if I could, couldn't spell or pronounce, but it would involve massivley swollen lymphnodes and some other very obvious symptoms, so that was easily ruled out.

There are a few other things that this could be, most of which are not serious, but we're following the process that the doctor has recommended. First of which was checking his blood for his potassium, magnesium and phosphorus levels. So after all those promises of no needles, we ended up at the lab giving blood (oops!) The next step is to head to a dermatologist at Bandana Square to see that she agrees with our doctors orders. I admit, I'm a little worried, but the doctor was clear that it wasn't anything to worry about. I will follow up as soon as I know anything.

2 comments:

Ed Leier said...

Stay on top of this I know you will and if there is anything I can do please let me know.

Tinker said...

He will be fine, it is just one more of those kid things that you go through. I thought maybe it was because he had is fingers in his mouth all the time but that would rule out his toes. hehe