Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Birth Story Part 3...

There I am with baby in my arms umbilical cord still attached when Dr. Ye comes rushing in the room. By the look on her face she is very unhappy that she rushed all the way to the hospital and a nurse delivered this baby!

Baby Adeline Irene:
Weight: 6 lbs 13 ounces
Length: 20.75 inches long

I'm not sure how it all happened but soon enough I've been stiched up, just a few stiches, the cord has been cut and baby Addie is screaming in my arms. She has a full head of dark hair just like Jackson's was, only a little less and a little lighter in color. I can't tell at this point if she looks like Jackson did, though Ron seems to think so. I am relieved that it's all over and surprised that she is here with us, as I was thinking I still had a few hours of pain and pushing left. She's beautiful and she's ours!

After everyone has had a brief chance to hold baby Addie, she is given back to me to breastfeed. I have been lucky enough to have two babies that latched on immediately and nursed like champs.

While I was pregnant I worried that I could never have enough love in me to feel the same for Addie as I did for Jackson. But the moment Addie was placed in my arms I knew... I had plenty of love for both of them!

THE END.

2 comments:

Tinker said...

Oh sweetie, I can wait to hold her!!!

Ed Leier said...

Your a great Mom!!!!