Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Family Update...

Jackson's bruising: I am thrilled to report that Jackson's current bruises are going away and he's getting only a few more. He looks so much better than he did a few weeks ago and even last week. If this Monday his numbers are above 50,000, we'll be able to switch to every other week testing.

Addie's sleeping schedule: Addie is getting into a bit of a night routine. And yes I do know that now that I have this figured out it will change. But for now, she is doing some cluster feeding between 7 and 9, then I wake her up at 10 or 10:30 for a final feeding, she sleeps for 3 or 4 hours then! Somewhere around 2:00 she wakes again for a feeding and a diaper change and then Ron spends some time getting her back to sleep. At 5:00 she wakes again for a feeding and a diaper change and then spends the rest of the morning asleep next to me in bed.

Kitchen Remodel: Yeah, what better time to decide to finish the remodel in our kitchen... Luckily, Ron is taking this one on by himself. We are adding cabinets to the other side of our kitchen, replacing our microwave with an under-the-counter model and switching the stove and fridge.

Ron: He's keeping busy with the kitchen and helping to take care of our family. But in addition, it's time for Fall ball, which means double headers every Tuesday night, it gives him a chance to hang out with the guys and get some exercise for a bit.

Sara: I'm nothing more than "MOM" these days. I like being home with the kids and finding creative ways to keep Jackson busy and interacting. We are having fun, but when Addie's routine becomes a little more predictable, I'm looking forward to a dinner out with just my husband.

3 comments:

Pam Leier said...

Let us know when you need a babysitter...Jan & I would be happy to team up..right Jan! I should have had more kids to get the practice...I am a one on one Grandma at this point, but I am sure I will be better in time.

Ed Leier said...

ladies don't hog all the fun Grandpa's have a need also

Tinker said...

Cousins need some time toooooooo