Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Bouncer...


When we found out that Jackson had ITP and that he wouldn't be able to enjoy the same activities that other kids could I was so sad. He couldn't spend time at the park running and jumping and jungle gyms were out of the question. We knew we'd have to restrict his activities and my mom came up with a great idea, a bouncer. So Grandma Pam purchased a Little Bopper Bounce House for the boy!

We set it up in our upstairs bedroom and brought him upstairs, camera ready for the shot... he cried. Then I cried. Why wasn't he super excited about his new bounce house?? Why didn't he want to be crazy and jump about?? I don't know the answer to either of those questions, but it sure did break my heart. I think he may have been scared. We had been telling him no running, no jumping and that he had to be safe... maybe this was too much?

Well we tried it again the next day, and he still didn't want to get in. Finally, I ignored the weight restriction and climbed in myself! Then he was willing to lie down next to me... but still no bouncing. After a while he "sat" on his knees and bounced a bit, but that was as far as he would go. Even when his friend Grayson came over to take turns in it, and he was much more interested in being back downstairs. I'm hoping he'll learn to have a little more fun in it, but it's going to take a while.


Mom and Jackson hanging in the bounce house


Bouncing on knees only


Bouncing with Grayson


Playdate with Grayson

3 comments:

Pam Leier said...

I know he will have fun with The Bouncer some day. I am just so happy that he is doing better and can't wait until each week passes and his platelet count goes up. I love the little bug and his sister lady bug.

Tinker said...

I wonder if you bring it downstairs if that would make a difference.

Ed Leier said...

He maybe a nervous Neely like some one else! I am sure he will be ok he just is careful. He will out grow it by watching how others respond to things. The bouncer looks like fun and a great idea, maybe the addition of the balls will help